Are you looking for foods that support weight loss and taste good? Vegetable soup is your one stop solution! Cooking vegetable soup is super easy, fun, and healthy. Vegetable soup is packed with vegetables. It contains dietary fibre, minerals, vitamins and very few calories. Therefore, vegetable soup can be a great meal if you want to lose weight and consume a healthy diet. In this article, we will talk about vegetable soup recipes that are easy to make and tasty to consume.
Vegetable Soup for Weight Loss
There are various healthy and tasty soup recipes that you can try to cook at home. For instance, there are tomato soup, lentil soup, red lentil soup, mushroom soup, cream of mushroom soup, carrot soup recipes which are veg soup recipes. On the other hand, there are chicken soups, chicken noodle soup, tom yum soup, miso soup, noodle soup, egg drop soup etc are non-veg soup. But in this article, we will only discuss some vegetable soup recipes.
The vegetable soup contains a lot of dietary fibre which is essential to add to your weight loss diet. It also provides a load of fluids. Loaded with vitamins and low in calories, how fascinating is that! Make sure to add these best soup recipes in your list if you are practising a keto diet for weight loss.
Low-calorie Vegetable Soup recipe
This low-calorie vegetable soup is one of the best soup recipes that’ll help you to lose weight fast. It’s easy to make and perfectly low-carb and healthy to add to your diet chart. Here you go!
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- 6 cup of beef/chicken broth (use vegetable broth if you are vegan)
- Cabbage (chopped, about one cup)
- Green beans (chopped, one cup)
- Bell pepper (diced, about 2)
- Ocra (2, chopped
- Zucchini (chopped, 1cup)
- Carrot (2, chopped)
- Tomato paste (2 tablespoons)
- Tomato (4, diced)
- Broccoli (chopped, one cup)
- Celery (2, sliced)
- Corn (half a cup)
- Peas (frozen, 1 cup)
- Spring onions (chopped, 1 cup)
- Yellow Onion and garlic (according to your taste)
- Basil, parsley and thyme for more taste
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Freshly squeezed lime juice or a teaspoon of vinegar for additional flavour.
- Heat the olive oil in medium flame and add the chopped vegetables (except tomato, carrot and onion). Saute for a couple of minutes and add onion, carrot, celery and stir for 7/8 minutes or until the vegetables are softened. Add garlic,pepper, salt and saute for 1 more minute.
- Now, pour the broth and the tomato paste. Add the diced tomatoes with their juice. Put on a high flame and bring the soup to boil. Lower the heat, cover the lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the frozen peas and simmer for more 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Add freshly chopped parsley, basil and other herbs. Turn off the heat and add lemon juice and a hint of vinegar.
- Finally, pour into a bowl and serve immediately. Enjoy the luxury of tasty and healthy vegetable soup.
Vegetable soup can be the perfect side dish in your keto diet chart. Cook confidently and add any vegetable you like. Make a perfect mouthful soup. You can also store this soup in a freezer bag and enjoy throughout the week. Did you find our recipe helpful? Let us know in the comment section.