Happiness is hot soup in a cold day. There are plenty of healthy soup recipes that you can easily make and relish in this cold windy weather. Do you look for cream of mushroom soup in restaurants? What if we give you this tasty soup recipe for your kitchen?
Food lovers missed restaurant foods during this pandemic. Its time to turn your kitchen for preparing the best cream of mushroom soup! The article will give you a brief overview on the entire recipe of this soup. You can also try Most Effective Vegetable Soup Recipe if you like to loss your weight.
Is mushroom nutritious?
Of course! Mushrooms are packed with niacin, riboflavin (B vitamins) and pantothenic acid. These are very effective for maintaining a good heart condition.
Riboflavin helps regenerating red blood cell and niacin is great for digestive system and improves the skin also. Mushroom contains very low calories and a massive number of antioxidants, minerals, selenium, copper, manganese, thiamine, phosphorus etc. It can help with heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Nutrition Facts of Mushroom
Difference between mushroom soup and cream of mushroom soup
The only difference between plain mushroom soup and cream of mushroom soup is the broth. Like they sound, plain mushroom soup has a clear plain thin broth and cream of mushroom soup contains a creamy thick broth. The white base of cream of mushroom soups is thicken with rice flour, flour or corn starch. Fresh cream and egg yolk are also added for the savoury creamy flavour.
Homemade cream of mushroom soup: Tastes like restaurants, costs like nothing!
If you order cream of mushroom soup at restaurant, it may cost you a lot! The truth is you can make the same soup at home with an affordable process. The easy recipe will bring out the best result from you. Are you ready to cook your very first restaurant-style soup? Let’s do this!
- Butter ( 2 tablespoons)
- Chopped onion ( ¼ cup)
- All-purpose flour ( 5 tablespoons)
- Chicken broth ( 2cans)
- Chopped mushroom ( ½ pound)
- Heavy cream (1.5 cups)
- Dried thyme ( 1/8 teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper for taste.
- At first, put a large sauce pan on medium high heat and melt some butter. Then, add the mushroom, thyme and onion. Sauté for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a food processor, blend the mixture, but don’t make it smooth. Leave the chunks of the vegetables in it. You can save some mushrooms aside if you like to have big slice in your soup.
- Take a can of broth in a bowl. Add flour, salt, pepper and mix until smooth. Put a pan on medium heat, melt some butter and add the broth. Whisk until everything smooth. Now add the remaining broth and the vegetable puree that was set aside. Stir in a continuous motion. Bring this to a boil and cook until thickened. Now reduce the heat, add the cream and stir for two minutes. Simmer until the flavours are mixed brought out. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes and voila! Finally, your luxurious restaurant style cream of mushroom soup is ready to serve.
Did it taste good?
If you followed all the steps properly, you may have tasted one of the tastiest soups that you ever made in your life. Miso soup and chicken noodle soup are also highly popular dishes. You may find their recipes along with this cream of mushroom soup. Eat mushroom, eat organic, live long. Do you have any question? Leave it here. Have a good day!